Included in price
Quad Safari Vrana lake
If you are looking for a fun and exciting way to explore the natural beauty of Croatia, you should try Quad Safari in Vrana Lake. This is a guided tour that will take you on a 60 km long quad ride around the largest natural lake in Croatia, where you will see amazing landscapes, historical monuments and rich wildlife.
Vrana lake Nature park is a protected area that covers 57 km2 of land and water. The lake is separated from the Adriatic sea by a narrow limestone ridge and has a stunning blue color. The park is home to 256 rare bird species, some of which are endangered. You can also find many other animals and plants in the park, such as turtles, snakes, frogs, fish, orchids and medicinal herbs.
The quad safari tour starts in Biograd, a coastal town that was once the seat of Croatian kings. There you will meet your guide, who will provide you with all the necessary equipment and instructions on how to drive a quad safely. You will then hop on your quad and follow your guide on an off-road adventure through the countryside around Lake Vrana.
During the tour, you will make several stops to visit some of the most interesting and beautiful places in the park. You will see:
- The cave Pećina - is a water spring that was part of the ancient Roman aqueduct system that supplied water to Zadar.
- The Maškovića han - was built in 17th-century by Jusuf Mašković, a high-ranking Ottoman official and admiral, who intended it to be his summer residence. It is the largest monument of Turkish architecture in Croatia and the westernmost example of Islamic architecture in the former Ottoman Empire.
- The viewpoint Kamenjak, which offers a breathtaking view of the lake, the sea and the islands. This is the highest point in the park and a perfect spot for taking photos and enjoying the scenery.
- The Prosika port, where you can see how the lake and the sea are connected by a canal. This canal regulates the water level in the lake and allows fish migration.
- The ornithological reserve, where you can observe some of the rarest and most beautiful birds in Europe. You will need binoculars to see them better, as they are protected by a fence.
The quad safari tour lasts for about 3.5 hours and is available throughout the year. You can choose between different start times depending on your preference. The tour is suitable for anyone who likes adventure and nature, regardless of age or experience. You can drive alone or share a quad with another person.
Quad safari in Vrana lake Nature park is an unforgettable experience that will make you feel the adrenaline rush and appreciate the natural beauty of Croatia. Don't miss this opportunity to have fun and learn something new. Book your tour today and get ready for an amazing adventure!
You can BOOK your excursion through our online booking system or please contact us if you need more information or some different arrangements.
Our travelers rated Quad Safari Vrana lake as "Excellent" on Trip Advisor!
The construction of Mašković Han began in 1644 by the order and funds of Jusuf Mašković, originally from Vrana, a high dignitary on the Sultan's court and a supreme admiral of the Turkish fleet.
The largest lake in Croatia.
Vransko Lake is a hot-spot with tremendous diversity of ornithofauna with 256 recorded bird species, of which 102 nest in the park area.